From 8-11 November, a team representing the National Ombudsman and the Ombudsman for Children will be returning to Bonaire to hold a series of open office hours. Residents on the island can attend free of charge to ask a question or submit a complaint about government or other authorities.
The open office hours are intended for people who have questions or complaints about the Public Body, the Tax and Customs Administration, the police, the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND), childcare, school or college.
They have been scheduled at the following times:
- Wednesday, 8 November from 09.00 – 11.30, Jong Bonaire
- Thursday, 9 November from 14.30 – 16.30, Fundashon Cocari, Rincon
- Saturday, 11 November from 09.00 – 11.30, Jong Bonaire
All open office hours can be held in Dutch, Papiamento, Spanish or English.
Always possible to submit a complaint or question
People who are unable to attend the open office hours can also submit their question or complaint in several other ways.
To the National Ombudsman:
- By telephone on +31 70 356 35 63 (on working days until 11.00)
- Via WhatsApp on +31800 33 55 555
- Using the complaints form on our website
To the Ombudsman for Children: