We believe it is important that members of the public are able find out what the work of the National Ombudsman is all about. We therefore translate some of our texts into English and Papiamento. Below is a summary of what we translate, and into which language(s).
- The public version of the annual report and the Ombuds Agenda, including news items about them.
- Summaries of reports posted on our website (if these concern the Dutch Caribbean).
- News items about the publication of reports in the Ombuds Agenda (if these concern the Dutch Caribbean).
- News items about the opening of new investigations (if these concern the Dutch Caribbean).
- News items about visiting hours.
- Subtitles in videos and animations (if these are relevant to residents of the Dutch Caribbean).
- Facebook posts on the National Ombudsman’s Dutch Caribbean page.
- New permanent pages on the Dutch Caribbean section of our website.
The language we translate into depends on the audience the message is aimed at. We use the following languages.
- Bonaire: Papiamento
- St Eustatius: English
- Saba: English
- Aruba: Papiamento
- Curaçao: Papiamento
- St Maarten: English
- International: English