From 7 to 12 February 2022, a team from the National Ombudsman and the Ombudsman for Children will be on Saba and St. Eustatius for walk-in sessions. Residents are welcome to come, free of charge, to the walk-in sessions if they wish to submit a complaint about any government or official body.
Because of the pandemic, it has not been possible to hold any face-to-face sessions in the past two years. After consulting with the local governments, the team has now decided that face-to-face sessions can resume. During the sessions, the team will continue to observe the latest COVID measures. For this reason, the sessions will be held outside; there will also be a host present and we will ensure there is sufficient distancing and hygiene materials.
The team welcomes the opportunity to speak with residents once again and looks forward to meeting them.
Coming to the walk-in sessions
Anyone with a complaint about, for example, the Tax and Customs Administration, the Public Prosecution Service, the police, the Public Entity, or Care and Youth in the Caribbean Netherlands, is welcome to visit the National Ombudsman and Ombudsman for Children team at the following times:
- The Princess Juliana Sportsfield, The Bottom on Monday 7 February, from 9.00 to 11.00
- Ernest van Putten Youth Center (The Lions Den), Concordiaweg on Thursday 10 February, from 9.00 to 11.00
- The Gwendoline van Putten school, Fiscal, Oranjestad on Saturday 12 February, from 9.00 to 11.00
Meetings may be held in Dutch or English.
It is always possible to submit a complaint
Anyone who is unable to come to a walk-in session may ask their questions or submit their complaint in other ways.
To the National Ombudsman:
- Using the complaint form on our website;
- By calling +31 70 356 35 63 (on working days until 12 noon);
- On Skype, after contacting us by e-mail to make an appointment;
- Via WhatsApp, using number +31 6 214 62 188.
To the Ombudsman for Children:
- By calling +31 70 8506 995 (on working days until 12 noon);
- By sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.