The National Ombudsman is frequently invited to help other countries establish a similar institution. Projects are intended to strengthen the partner organization through the exchange of knowledge and experience.
Each project is unique: there are no ‘ready-made’ training modules or programmes. The participants work together as equals, exploring the relevant topics and seeking solutions in keeping with the specific economic, cultural, political and geographical context. The National Ombudsman shares success stories as well as lessons learned from past projects. The process benefits both parties.
- Indonesia: Enhancing Citizens’ Protection against Improper Behaviour by Government Institutions: Strengthening Indonesia’s Ombudsman in the Regions. (2013 – 2015).
- Project of cooperation between the Ombudsman of the Republic Indonesia, the National Ombudsman of the Netherlands and the Van Vollenhoven Institute.
- Project financed under the Rule of Law programme of the Royal Netherlands Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Jordan: Prolongation of project of cooperation between the Ombudsman Bureau of Jordan and the National Ombudsman of the Netherlands. (2012-2014).
- Project financed by the MATRA South fund of the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:
Mr. Stephan Sjouke
T +31 70 356 36 68
Or call our Office +31 70 356 35 63
We are open every working day from 9 a.m to 5 p.m. CE.