Dutch Caribbean

Complaints about the Rijksdienst Dutch Caribbean, the police or the Public Prosecution Service? The National Ombudsman will be happy to help.

Local government, the Rijksdienst Dutch Caribbean, the police and the Public Prosecution Service are there to serve members of the public like you. One of their jobs is to make sure that legislation, regulations and administrative procedures are correctly implemented and applied. They don’t always manage this. Things can go wrong between you and government. If that happens, you have the right to seek help (free of charge) from the National Ombudsman. It's our job to help you when things go wrong between you and government.

Contact us

  • Phone: do you have any questions? Please  call +31 70 356 35 63. We are open every working day until 12 noon (your local time).
  • Skype: you can reach us via Skype. Please e-mail your Skype Name and the subject you want to Skype about. So we can set a time and date to Skype.
  • WhatsApp: add +31 6 21462188 to the contactlist on your smartphone.
  • File a complaint: you can file a complaint with the National ombudsman using our digital complaintform

Due to a technical problem, the National Ombudsman’s toll-free +31 800 33 55 555 telephone number for people on Bonaire, St. Eustatius and Saba is currently unobtainable.


Facebook: National ombudsman in Dutch Caribbean


Meer rapporten

News articles


This year the CAROA conference is being held on Bonaire

In the coming week, the National ombudsman, Reinier van Zutphen, will host the 9th biennial conference of the Caribbean Ombudsman Association (CAROA). The theme of the conference is: “The Ombudsman-A Key Actor in the Quest for Good Governance/Challenges…

Margrite Kalverboer sworn in as Ombudsman for Children

Margrite Kalverboer was today sworn in as the Ombudsman for Children by the President of the House of Representatives, Khadija Arib. In an initial reaction, Kalverboer (1960) said: 'I want to do something for children who drop out of sight, such as…

Meer nieuwsberichten

Frequently asked questions


What sort of complaints can you send to the National Ombudsman?

We will be glad to help with any problem you may have with the Rijksdienst Dutch Caribbean, the police or the Public Prosecution Service . It doesn’t matter how big or how small the problem is, so long as your case meets the following five criteria. 1. The problem must have occurred not longer than a year ago. 2. You must already have complained to the administrative authority itself. 3. The problem must not be about the content of the law. 4. The problem must not be about a court judgment. 5. There must be no other current or previous means of objection or appeal. We can also help if your…

Meer veelgestelde vragen


Who is the National Ombudsman?

The National Ombudsman is independent and impartial and he is there to defend your interests. He also keeps a critical eye on government. Reinier van Zutphen is…
Read more


Informatie speciaal voor